Eagle EB2-7 Cargo Tractor
The Eagle EB2-7 Bob Tail high-speed cargo tractor is built on the Ford Super Duty F-350 chassis. The EB2-7 is offered with a Gas power train. The Eagle EB2-7 offers customers 7,500 lbf. DBP to tow up to 75,000 lbs. of cargo at 25 mph (40 kph) in typical operating conditions (Wet, 1% grade).
In 1969, the genesis of today’s air cargo industry occurred. Eagle was there to answer the airlines’ call for an all-weather, high-speed cargo tractor which had not yet been invented. Eagle successfully engineered and developed the Ford F350 Bob Tail for United Airlines at Detroit Metropolitan Airport. Within two decades, the Eagle Bob Tail had become the narrow and wide-body cargo towing standard used by all North American and British Airlines. In the mid 1990’s, some cargo customers tried using industrial tractors, converted to high speed use, as Bob Tail replacements. However, by the early 2000’s the converted industrial tractors had demonstrated a track record of unreliability, and excessive driver fatigue and discomfort. Because of these problems with traditional tractors, the Eagle Bob Tail has continued to thrive, and is still the leader in high-speed, long-distance cargo towing today.
- Eagle Tugs was the originator of the Bob Tail design over 45 years ago.
- The Ford F350 Chassis has an unequaled, commercially-proven, reliable drive train and braking system.
- Power steering and braking, ventilated front and rear disc brakes, and heavy-duty wheels and radial tires.
- Ford cabs are ergonomic, comfortable and safe.
- Air Conditioning is standard (can be deleted upon request).
- Rear sight tunnel for direct hitch visibility for the operator.
- Heavy steel plate body and front & rear bumpers, including a heavy tubular grill guard and side protection.
- Powered by a 6.2L Ford V8 gas engine.
- Unparalleled reliability and factory-direct support is the Eagle Tugs advantage.
|LOAD TYPE||Ideal for towing 5-6 cargo dollies long distances at up to 25 mph.|
|Drive Wheels||4 Rear|
|Drawbar Pull (Gas)||7,500 lbf / 33.36 kN|
|Towing Capacity 1st Gear||105,000 lbs / 47,627 kgs|
|Towing Capacity 3rd Gear||40,000 lbs / 18,144 kgs|
|Service Weight Gas/LP||11,200 lbs / 5,080 kgs|
|Length||191 in / 4,851 mm|
|Height||81 in / 2,057 mm|
|Wheelbase||104 in / 2,642 mm|
|Track||68 in / 1,727 mm|
|Tires (front & rear)||245/75R17E|
|Turn Radius (outside)||215 in / 5,461 mm|
|Step Height||15 in / 381 mm|
|Ground Clearance||10 in / 254 mm|
|Bumper (front/rear)||.5" plate steel / 1-3 in (25-76 mm) A36 steel|
|Suspension||Springs and shock absorbers over each axle|
|Transmission - Automatic||6 forward / 1 reverse|
|Max Speed Governed||25 mph / 40 kph|
|Steering||Hydraulic power-boosted mechanical: self-centering|
|Brakes||Hydraulic, self-adjusting split type with accumulator|
|Parking Brakes||Foot or lever activated - mechanical to rear brake drums|
|Rated Output (Gas/LPG)||385 hp / 287 kW|
|Torque (Gas)||405 ft-lbs|
|Cylinders - Displacement (Gas)||Eight - 6.2L|
|Fuel Tank (Gas)||35 gal / 132.5 liters|
|Air Cleaner||Severe environment, heavy duty, dry replacement element|
|Alternator (Gas)||157 amp|
|Battery (cold crank) (Gas)||650 CCA|
|Instruments||Oil pressure, water temperature and fuel gauges / hourmeter, voltmeter and electric horn|