Eagle MTT-5 Tow Tractor (TUG)
The MTT Electric Tow Tractor was designed to be a medium-duty, utility tow tractor. With a 5,000 lbf. drawbar pull (DBP), the MTT can tow or push anything from cargo up to medium-sized aircraft. The MTT offers the flexibility of a 15 mph top speed, and a tight 130-inch turning radius. The MTT is classified as a utility tractor because it also offers a 55 x 70 inch rear cargo deck that will support up to a 1,000 lb. payload. Other features of the MTT include a rear sight tunnel for direct hitch visibility, an ergonomic operator compartment, and unmatched reliability and performance. The most flexibility comes from the MTT's environmentally-friendly 80V AC electric drive. When teamed with a "Smart Charge" battery and charger, the AC electric drive train provides the performance to meet the toughest of tasks. The MTT Electric Tow Tractor is a flexible, zero-emission solution for all of your towing needs.
With 5,000 lbf. DBP, and a heavy steel unibody design, the Eagle MTT is designed to move aircraft or cargo up to 35,000 lbs. in snow and ice, and 50,000 lbs. on wet concrete.
- Zero-emission, energy-efficient 80V AC electric drive.
- 5,000 lbf. DBP to tow or push anything from cargo up to medium-sized aircraft.
- 55 x 70 inch rear cargo deck that will support up to a 1,000 lb. payload.
- Tight 130-inch turning radius for narrow environments.
- Up to 15 mph top speed.
- Front & Rear Inching Switches for 1-man hitching operation.
- Rear hitch sight tunnel for direct hitch visibility.
- Ergonomic operator compartment.
- Optional "Smart Charge" battery and charger system which allows the battery to be opportunity charged to maximize efficiency with no reduction in battery life-cycle.
- Factory-direct support with the goal of same-day turnaround of all replacement parts.
- Eagle Tugs has over 45 years of experience designing, building and supporting reliable tow tractors.
|LOAD TYPE||Ideal for aircraft or cargo up to 35,000 lbs. in all weather conditions.|
|Drive Wheels||2 Rear|
|Drawbar Pull||5,000 lbf / 22 kN|
|Towing Capacity||69,000 lbs / 31,298 kgs
(Normal Operating Conditions - Wet, 1% grade)
|Service Weight with Battery||9,000 lbs / 4,082 kgs (without cab)|
|Weight without Battery||5,600 lbs / 2,540 kgs (without cab)|
|Length||121 in / 3,073 mm|
|Width||55 in / 1,397 mm|
|Height (deck)||37 in / 940 mm|
|Height w/ cab (option)||75 in / 1,905 mm|
|Wheelbase||57.5 in / 1,461 mm|
|Track||44 in / 1,118 mm|
|Turning Radius||130 in / 3,302 mm|
|Tires (front & rear)||650 X 10 - 12 ply pneumatic / 28 X 9-15 - 14 ply pneumatic|
|Step Height||12 in / 305 mm|
|Ground Clearance||5.5 in / 140 mm|
|Frame/Body||A36 steel: .375-.500 in / 9.5-12.7 mm|
|Bumper (front/rear)||A36 steel: .375 in / 9.5 mm (front) / 4.0 in / 102 mm (rear)|
|Suspension||Leaf Spring (front) / Coil Spring (rear)|
|Max Speed Governed||15 mph / 24 kph (unloaded)|
|Primary Brake||Electric Regenerative|
|Supplemental Brakes||Hydraulic Wet Disk|
|Parking Brakes||Mechanical Wet Disc|
|Engine Options||Electric Motor|
|Power Train||80V A/C ELECTRIC|
|Output @ 1300 rpm||40 hp / 30 kW (peak)|
|Torque (Electric)||300 ft lbs. / 407 Nm|
|Instruments||Electronic Display showing speed, battery life, hours and diagnostics|
|Hydraulic Pump||80V A/C|
|Inching Feature||Operator controlled - FWD/REV switch on rear (and front with front-hitch option)|