Eagle USATS-8 Tow Tractor (TUG)
With 8,000 lbf. DBP, a standard All Wheel Drive power train, and up to a 500 lb. payload capacity, the USATS-8 is the ideal aircraft tug for military deployment. The Eagle USATS-8 was designed to move military aircraft up to 60,000 lbs. on all surface conditions.
At the request of the U.S. military, Eagle Tugs adapted their proven, All Wheel Drive (AWD) TT series aircraft tractor into an AWD utility tractor. This combination aircraft tractor and burden carrier is known as the Eagle Utility Standard Aircraft Towing System, or USATS. Engineered to meet the requirements of today’s military flight operations, the Eagle USATS AWD aircraft tractor packs a significant amount of value into a versatile, compact package.
- Standard All Wheel Drive power train – providing safe, controlled traction on all surface conditions.
- AWD power train allows for the tug to weigh 1/3 less than a Rear Wheel Drive tug, which makes the USATS ideal for air transportation.
- Certified for air transport in CH-47, C-130, C-5 and C-17.
- 8,000 lbf. DBP for towing aircraft.
- Up to 500 lbs. cargo carrying capacity on a 60 X 90 inch deck, with built-in tie downs.
- Optional adjustable front and rear hitches, from 8 – 16 inches in two-inch increments.
- Ergonomic operator compartment.
- Backed by an industry-leading 3-yr/3,000-hr Warranty.
- Factory-direct support with the goal of same-day turnaround of all replacement parts.
- Eagle Tugs has over 45 years of experience designing, building and supporting reliable tow tractors.
|LOAD TYPE||Ideal for aircraft up to 60,000 lbs. on all surface conditions.|
|Drive Wheels||2 Front / 2 Rear|
|Drawbar Pull||8,000 lbf / 35.6 kN|
|Towing Capacity||90,000 lbs / 40,823 kgs|
|Payload||500 Ibs / 227 kgs|
|Service Weight Diesel||8,900 lbs / 4,037 kgs|
|Length||142 in / 3,600 mm|
|Width||60 in / 1,524 mm|
|Bulkhead Height||74 in / 1,880 mm|
|Flatbed Height||45 in / 1,143 mm|
|Wheelbase||77 in / 1,969 mm|
|Track||46 in / 1,168 mm|
|Tires (front & rear)||8.00 x 16.5 in|
|Step Height||12 in / 305 mm|
|Ground Clearance||Wheelbase Center: 10 in / 254 mm Front Corner: 15.5 in / 394 mm|
|Frame/Body||.75 in / 19 mm steel|
|Bumper (front/rear)||Front .75 in / 19mm steel; Rear 2 in / 51 mm|
|Suspension||Leaf springs over both axles|
|Max Speed Governed||13 mph / 21 kph|
|Brakes||Hydraulic, self-adjusting split type with accumulator|
|Front Brakes||12 in (disc)|
|Rear Brakes||12 x 2.5 in (drum)|
|Parking Brakes||Orscheln-type mechanical to rear brake drums|
|Model (Diesel)||4TNV98 Direct Injection|
|Rated Output @ 2800 rpm (Diesel)||68 HP / 51 kW|
|Torque @ 2800 rpm (Diesel)||186 ft lbs / 252 Nm|
|Cylinders - Displacement (Diesel)||4 Cylinder / 3.3 L|
|Fuel Tank (Diesel)||24 gal / 91 liters|
|Air Cleaner||Severe environment, heavy duty, dry replacement element|
|Alternator (Diesel)||80 amp|
|Battery (cold crank) (Diesel)||650 amp|
|Ignition||Keyed with anti-restart switch|
|Instruments||Tier IVi: Dual-unit digital back-lit display with engine diagnostics and full instrumentation / Tier II: Analog Gauges|