Eagle XL-40 Tow Tractor (TUG)
The Eagle XL-40 was designed to move up to a B757 in all weather conditions. The XL-40 offers the flexibility to handle the complexity of today's ramps, offering Four Wheel Drive, Four Wheel and Crab Steering, Three-person Seating, and many built-in safety and reliability features such as Built-in Side-marker/Strobe Lighting, Emergency-brake Override Protection, Low Oil/High Temp Shutdown System and Hot-shift Transmission Protection.
The XL Series is the newest species of Eagle. Featuring a standard Four Wheel Drive, Four Wheel Steer power train, the XL Series offers superior functionality for moving all "single-aisle" aircraft in all weather conditions. The XL Series are front-operator tow tractors which accommodate an operator and up to 2 passengers. Powered by Tier 3 or Tier 4i diesel engines, the XL Series makes you compliant with the latest emissions standards. Loaded with standard features, the XL Series helps you meet all of your aircraft handling needs.
- 40,000 lbs. GVW to handle aircraft up to a B757 in all weather conditions.
- Four Wheel Drive power train, providing safe, controlled traction on all surface conditions.
- Switchable steering between Four Wheel and Crab Steering for superior maneuverability of and around aircraft.
- Front and Rear Wet Disc Brakes for capable stopping power.
- Several safety features designed in to the XL Series to ensure safe operation.
- Powered by a T4i diesel engine to meet all current emissions standards.
- Ergonomic front-operator compartment that accommodates up to 3 people.
- Low-profile design that allows operators to safely and efficiently handle aircraft.
- Is backed by an industry-leading 3-year/3,000-hr warranty.
- Factory-direct support with the goal of same-day turnaround of all replacement parts.
- Eagle Tugs has over 45 years of experience designing, building and supporting reliable tow tractors.
|SKU||XL-40 AIRCRAFT TUGS|
|LOAD TYPE||Ideal for aircraft up to a B757 in all weather conditions|
|Drive Wheels||2 Front / 2 Rear|
|Drawbar Pull||26,000 lbf / 116 kN|
|Towing Capacity||360,000 lbs / 163,293 kgs|
|Service Weight Diesel||40,000 lbs / 18,144 kgs|
|Optional Cab - Add||850 lbs / 386 kgs|
|Length||201 in / 5,105 mm|
|Width||99 in / 2,515 mm|
|Height (deck)||52 in / 1,321 mm|
|Height w/ cab (option)||84 in / 2,134 mm|
|Wheelbase||91 in / 2,311 mm|
|Track||83 in / 2,108 mm|
|Tires (front & rear)||315/80R22.5|
|Step Height||21 in / 533 mm|
|Ground Clearance||9 in / 228 mm|
|Frame/Body||A36 steel: 2 in / 51 mm|
|Bumper (front/rear)||A36 steel: 1.5 in / 38 mm (front); 4 in / 101.6 mm (rear)|
|Suspension||Rigid (front); Trunnion (rear)|
|Number of Speeds||3 Forward / 3 Reverse|
|Max Speed Governed||19 mph / 30 kph|
|Steering||Hydraulic 4-wheel coordinated|
|Brakes||Wet Disc (front & rear)|
|Parking Brakes||Mechanical Dry Disc (rear axle)|
|Model (Diesel)||TCD 3.6L Interim Tier4 (Tier 3 Available)|
|Rated Output @ 2800 rpm (Diesel)||120 HP / 89 kW|
|Torque @ 2800 rpm (Diesel)||354 ft lbs / 480 Nm|
|Cylinders - Displacement (Diesel)||4 Cylinder / 3.6 L|
|Fuel Tank (Diesel)||30 gal / 114 liters|
|Air Cleaner||Severe environment, heavy duty, dry replacement element|
|Alternator (Diesel)||95 amp|
|Battery (cold crank) (Diesel)||Dual 650 amp|
|Ignition||Keyed with anti-restart switch|
|Lights||12V LED Long Life|
|Instruments||Dual-unit digital back-lit display offering engine diagnostics and full instrumentation|